- 1x Hula hoop
- 2x Broomsticks
- 3x Pool Noodles With A Hole In The Centre
- 3x Bristol Board
- 2x Paint Stir Sticks
- Hot Glue Gun
- Glue Gun Refills
- Power Drill
- Hand Saw
- 4x screws
- Duct Tape
- Golf ball
HOW TO BUILD YOUR MINI PUTT GREEN:
- Start with two pool noodles and two broomsticks. Insert broomsticks into the centre of the pool noodles.
- Using your hand saw, cut the hoola hoop in half, making 2 semi-circles. (discard contents from inside the hoola hoop.)
- Guide half section of hoola hoop through the centre of the remaining pool noodle. Before cutting off any excess length of pool noodle, be sure to leave 1-2 inches of extra foam on either side of the semi circle.
- Line up the semi circle with the two sections of straight pool noodles, and cut a slight angle into the extra 1-2 inches of pool noodle you left on the semi circle, if necessary, in order to make a smoother transition once attached.
- On the side that will become the back side, line up your wooden paint stir sticks over the two seams between the semi circle and straight sections. drill into the broomsticks on one side of the stir stick, and then the hoola hoop on the other side. *This is a little trickier than it sounds*
- Using your duct tape, attach the bristol board to the back side to create a base to secure the astro turf to.
- Trim the astro turf to the shape of your mini put area.
- Using a hot glue gun, attach the astro turf to the bristol board base, making sure to use extra glue to attach it securely to the crease where the bristol board meets the pool noodles.
Personalize your putting green with removable obstacles that you can switch out with each new round.
Making the obstacles removable will allow you to customize them based on upcoming holidays or party themes. You can keep the residents excited about what new obstacles you’ll be using each time you play.
Related Product Links:
Disclosure: Products listed on this page are sold through Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate I will earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please note that this is at absolutely no additional cost to you, or your organization. Thank you for taking the time to support this blog.